What’s Your Story about Money?
Money is a subject that most of us pay a tremendous amount of attention to. Whether we are always aware of it or not, often these questions are playing in our mind:
- Do I have enough money?
- Why aren’t I earning more?
- Why is it so hard to hold on to money?
- Am I spending enough or too much on myself?
- Will I have enough money for the future?
- Why is money so hard to talk about?
- Why do my partner and I always fight about money?
You have your own unique set of questions that you play over and over in your mind.
My question is this: What if money were a conversation with life?
Money has come to mean so much and carry so many emotions that it’s hard to see that your individual relationship with money reflects how you feel about yourself, your value, what you deserve, and your ability to create more of what you want.
What if you could strip away all the negativity, the fear, the resistance, and the past of money?
What if you could approach money from a fresh place with no history and no limiting stories?
How would you shape your story about money?
- Would it be a story of true love?
- Would it be a story of high adventure?
- Would it be a story of faith and trust?
Contrast that with the story you have about money now.
Your money story may be
- A comedy
- A tragedy
- A romance
- A story of unrequited love
- A horror story
- A mystery story
- A story of challenge and triumph
Add your own flavor as you look at the story you have about money.
And then look at how it reflects your story about life. They have much in common.
If you know that life has your back, you feel at ease about money.
- If you know that you can create what you want in your life, you feel confident about money.
- If you doubt how much you deserve, you feel shaky about money.
- If you fear the future, you worry about money.
- If you belittle your value, you block your ability to receive.
Spend this week observing your thoughts about money and thinking about how you relate to money and life. Consider how you would like your story about money and life to be different.
I’ll be talking more in coming weeks about how to clear your history with money so that you can create a new story of more abundance and ease with money and life.