I AM Valuable
What happens to you when you say, “I am valuable”, to yourself?
Do you cringe, want to hide, or think, “That’s just not true!”?
If you are like many of us, you’ve had experiences where you were told, either verbally or through behavior, that you are not valuable.
Did you have a busy mom who didn’t have time to pay attention to you or a dad who would have preferred a boy child instead of a girl or a boss who said, “Forget your intuition, figure this out with logic”?
Whether you’ve had those experiences or others, you have collected evidence that who you are, what you think, and what you do are not as valuable as other people.
I find this true with many the mission-driven, service-based business owners that I work with. Many of you are doing your “passion and purpose” work. Sometimes what you do is out of the “mainstream”, and some of it may even be “woowoo”.
You’re shy about telling people about what you do because you’re not sure of your value. Maybe you’re somewhat sure, but not 100%.
How can you tell if you question your value? Answer these questions to find out:
- Do you compare yourself to other people, especially successful people or celebrities?
- Do you criticize how you look?
- Do you avoid telling other people what you do in your work?
- Do you have a hard time asking for what you want?
If you answered yes to these questions, then there’s room for improvement in valuing yourself.
Here’s an exercise to increase your sense of self-value:
- Look in the mirror, look into your eyes and say, “I am valuable.”
- Look in the mirror, look into your eyes and say, “I am valuable” again.
- Look in the mirror, look into your eyes and say, “I am valuable” one more time.
- Breathe and repeat daily for the rest of the month.
- Notice any differences in your daily life.
Here’s a secret that no one tells you:
When you know your value, no one else can take it from you.
You can have sales conversations without fear, you can be criticized without collapsing, and you can make mistakes and keep going. Plus, you can help more people with your work while prospering.
Knowing your own value is a spiritual and practical path to the Truth, because you ARE valuable. Right now, just as you are.
Are you willing to know your value and share yourself and your work with us?